Sunday, July 10, 2011

Suburbs, family and handymen

There were 3 things I was reminded of today:

1. I never, ever want to live in a suburban development. Ever. I'll pay more to live in a town, city or in the 'country' but never the suburbs. No one should ever feel the need to invest in green grass during August in this region or during a drought. And no one should ever get their driveway repaved every year to keep up the appearances. I find both of these things superficial and foolish.

2. I am very blessed to have been raised by my parents. They love and accept without seeing blemishes. Not all parents are like that.

3. I am very blessed to have men in my family who know how to fix everything. They can do woodworking, mechanical and motor repairs, electrical work, construction, etc. Not all men these days know how to do that. Unfortunately, that also means I'm spoiled and expect a lot out of boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment