Saturday, June 25, 2011

Two Weeks as a Grown-Up

It's been 2 full weeks of me being an official grown-up at my real job (and not an internship). And I've learned some things.

  1. People are much more self-aware about what they eat and consume than they are in college. Both the family I'm staying with and my coworkers freak out when they eat something 'unhealthy'. It's hard being new and yet wanting to eat 3 plates of bacon and fried chicken without them sending me funny looks.
  2. Having ADHD sucks when you have 10-20 different projects going on.
  3. There is no such thing as a good commute in Pennsylvania.
  4. There is no such thing as a good driver in Pennsylvania. I have witnessed 3 accidents already and I don't even drive on the turnpike or any highways that get insane. Just Rt 113.
  5. Having families adopt you is a nice way to start out living in a new place.
  6. Finding a roommate in a random place in PA on Craigslist is very difficult. Especially when you're not allowed to live with boys and don't know anyone. 
  7. Travelling for work will either get old very quickly or stay exciting. I think if i do that FourSquare thing, I could rack up points very quickly. Driving out to somewhere this Wed but they haven't told me specifically where.
  8. I now understand cat ladies. Cats are the best company outside of best friends. 
  9. Don't move and change your life when you are PMSing. Unless, of course, breaded chicken and sushi is promised. (Sorry boys for the insight. But it's important.)
  10. Type A personalities are not my friend.
Tomorrow I'm checking out 2 churches and I'm really excited. One will be in the morning and another will be in the evening in West Chester (that Patty is convinced it's an awesome church that I'll love). I think it might be the highlight of my 2 weeks here (not the highlight of my month since I went on a road trip (: ). I'm very excited. 

Also, somehow today I'll have to be in Newark to pick up a computer desk and a coffee table. Not sure how that's gonna work since my dad wanted to take the truck up to the river. Hmm...

2 comments:

  1. yay I hope your pa brings the truck and you get the furnitures and I love sushi and traveling for work is still fun for me even though I hate the driving yay nomm you could live with a gay boy maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PA traffic is the worst. I drove down to Camden, De yesterday for an interview, and factored in wayyy too much time for rush hour traffic. (There really wasn't any...). If I were going that far in PA, it would have taken much longer.

    What church in West Chester? Was it Providence, with Phil Carnuccio? he used to be one of the pastors at Calvary Fellowship, and he's awesome. But then he left for the church plant in
    West Chester, and that's about when I stopped going to Calvary.

    What area, specifically, are you trying to move to? I can ask around and see if anyone I know is in that area, or is moving to that area.

    ReplyDelete