Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's 2011 now!

It's 2011 now yay! I really disliked 2010. 2010 was most definitely not one of my favorite years that I've experienced.

This year is going to bring some pretty big changes with it. I'll (God-willing) graduate and move to the next step in my life which is probably getting a job and working somewhere. I have no idea where or doing what yet. Besides that, I think there are 2 things I want to start doing that are mainly for when I start living on my own and have to cook for myself and others

First, I want to have Meatless Mondays. I love meat. I like it more than what is healthy to like meat. I also love farming and supporting farms. I like saving energy and the environment too so when meat takes up substantially amount of resources to produce and eat and since we don't need as much of it as we actually consume, I feel that I have to start training myself to appreciate finding iron and protein from other sources. I can't have minors in environmental engineering and sustainable energy technology without doing it. I also really really like vegetables and beans so it shouldn't be a problem for me. (When I grow up, I want to have a vegetable garden and can my vegetables and make green beans the way my mother does.)

Second, I want to start up again Fish Fridays. I know that the dining hall used to serve fish on Fridays during my freshman year because I always thought it was funny that they still did "Fish Fridays" like back in the old school days. Mainstream America 50 years ago used to recognize Fish Fridays. At least in Maryland they did because my parents remember eating fish on Fridays in the cafeterias and at home. Fish is delicious. Expensive, yet yummy. It also is good for your brain...or heart... or both (I don't remember specifically which one it is). I'm really bad at cooking fish without completely overdoing it so I"m excited on learning on to make it.

I don't know how easy these two things will be while I still eat in the dining hall. The fish one might be impossible. But once again, I mainly am excited about starting it for real once I'm living and cooking on my own. Yay!

PS- I wrote this before I was caffeinated this morning so if it sounds ridiculous that is why.

PPS- Happy Birthday, Dad! (Even though he doesn't read my blog nor do I want him to read it.) He's old today. And he's limping around with gout today which is also called 'rich old man's disease' haha

2 comments:

  1. yayyay graduation ummmmm they normally have tuna at the dining hall for your Fridays and they don't always have real meat so Mondays should be easy yay noms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, an unofficial resolution of mine is to incorporate more vegan recipes into my diet, perhaps on the order of 1 to 2 per week. I already limit my meat consumption, but I haven't really actively replaced it with something healthy... so vegan recipes should fill the void. :)

    ReplyDelete