Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thankful Tuesdays #2

It's another Tuesday and since last week I decided to try "Thankful Tuesdays" where I reflect on the week and be thankful it is now time to do it again!

This week I have learned to be thankful for:
1. Travelling. I went to Connecticut and got to see some awesome snow and regional, epic grocery stores and experience "New England." I really like seeing the differences in towns and what makes each area unique and this was a good reminder of that :)

Us in Elizabeth's backyard in Connecticut :)
2. Friends. It's nice re-establishing, renewing or making new friends. I did a lot of that this past week. In Connecticut, I got to get to know like 7 other people my age (plus my friend's awesome parents), I got to get see friends I haven't seen or hung out with in a long time (since I was very anti-social last semester), and I made an awesome new friend today whom I should've been friends with 3 years ago (but better to start now than never!) :)

3. Family. Yep. I'm still thankful for them. I can't wait to be back at home this weekend. Last week, I called my parents and my dad was checking his email specifically seeing if I had sent him anything. Man, freshman year I went 2 months with no contact whatsoever with them! Times have certainly changed.

4. Job prospects. I think I may have actually found a chemical engineering job that I want to do and I haven't received a rejection letter back yet so that's good! God's given me a flicker of hope in my future with this career and I'm so thankful for that. It's been 3.5 years of misery and me being so unsure about it and loathing it. I'm excitedd. Pray that I'll recognize and do the thing that is what God wants me to do. kthx.

Yay! This was a good week. I like good weeks, especially when they are in the winter when I suffer from winter blues and seasonal anxiety. I've been learning so much and growing much closer to God. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment