Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thankful Tuesdays

I found that on someone's blog they do this thing called "Thankful Tuesdays" where they write down things that they are thankful each Tuesday. (duh.) I kinda think that is a neat idea and goes pretty well with my other New Year's traditions of Meatless Mondays and Fish Fridays. So.... I wanna try it. At least for now.

This week, I am thankful for...

  • My real, legit brother because he's awesome and fixed my computer and saved all my files when my hard-drive decided to stop being recognizable as a hard-drive.
  • Snow (bc it snowed on Monday night while I was with a bff eating onion rings)
  • Church. I do love going to church. And by church not only do I mean the body of Christ but the actual institution. I didn't realize how much I loved going until my non-Christian friend told me she was sad for me that I didn't get to go on Christmas Eve because she knew how excited I get when I go. I missed going to church this week because I couldn't find a ride to mine and every time I don't get to go to church, I get a little sad. I live on campus in the dorm and this is the 4th year of me doing so. While I get plenty of fellowship with Christians, it's only really with college aged children or people who think they are college aged still. It's nice and refreshing to go to a church where there are older and younger people also worshiping the same God. It keeps everything in perspective.
  • Family bonding. As much as I greatly despise and loathe all the problems that have been going on this past semester with my family, we are growing closer as a family. I never grew up with my sisters because they were already married when I was born so I never had those bonding moments. And my parents are so old I never thought of having a two-sided conversation with them instead of just revering whatever they say and keeping my thoughts to myself. But this winter we got to sit down and chat and have intelligent conversations on stuff such as food and human trafficking and diabetes and disease and work and school and anxiety. That was nice.

Yay! PS- Meatless Mondays is less fun when they serve the good meat on Mondays and terrible vegetarian foods. And they didn't have vegan sausage yesterday like they usually do. I actually really wanted vegan sausage too.

No comments:

Post a Comment